RULES AND REGULATIONS
Welcome to the Humble Police Department's Training Division
The desire of the Humble Police Department is to provide all personnel with the best quality of training available. We understand that law enforcement is constantly changing, and so we strive to remain abreast of those changes. The training staff of the Humble Police Department consists of dedicated professionals who strive to ensure that the advanced training that they provide continues to be among the best in the law enforcement profession.
Also, our wish is to promote cooperation while developing a unity of purpose within the department, as well as with other agencies involved in the administration of criminal justice.
Class Attendance: No absences will be permitted unless excused by the training coordinator, or his designee, and then only if provisions for a makeup class exist. Tardiness will not be tolerated and will be subject to makeup. Those interested in attending training courses at the Humble Police Department should also see the Training Calendar for more details on classes, dates and times. All training dates are subject to change without notice and students should confirm classes and their position on the roster a week before the start of the class. If a student needs to cancel, we ask that the student notify the training coordinator at least three days prior to the start of class.
Photographic/Recording Equipment: Unless prior arrangements are made with the training coordinator, no photographic or recording equipment will be used by students.
Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all city buildings. Students will be allowed to smoke only in designated areas which are located in the front of the building or in the non-traffic or parking areas of the building's sally-port.
Acceptable Dress Standards: For all officers, jailers and civilians who attend training classes shall be:
Agency Uniform: Always accepted
Acceptable Civilian (non-uniform) Attire:
Male Attendees: Shall wear dress shirts, sport shirts or polo-type shirts with dress or casual slacks, which would be appropriate for
a business environment. No neckties are required.
Female Attendees: Shall wear dresses, slacks, or skirts with a shirt or blouse, which would be appropriate for a business environment.
Footwear: Will be appropriate for the class assignment, and by its construction or condition not present a safety hazard.
Unacceptable Attire: There are many forms of attire that are considered unacceptable as business wear, and not appropriate for a
professional learning environment. The following is a list of some forms of attire that are not acceptable for attending law enforcement
Exceptions: At the discretion of the instructor, employees may be directed to wear other attire that is more appropriate to unusual training activities or conditions, such as tactical courses, physical training, self-defense, handgun retention, etc.
- Officers attending firearms training will be allowed to wear comfortable clothing to include baseball caps appropriate for the weather conditions.
- You may wear athletic-type clothing, sweat pants, wind/warm up suits, t-shirts, athletic shoes, etc…for the classes of ASP Baton, O.C. Pepper Spray, Defensive Tactics or Taser training.
- Denim jeans may be worn at times, but are not encouraged as regular classroom wear. When allowed to be worn, they cannot be faded, worn, torn, cut, frayed, or unclean.
- Athletic shoes may be worn at times, but are not encouraged as regular classroom wear. When allowed to be worn, they must be clean with a new-like appearance.
Note: When attending firearms training classes, and including Department firearms qualification, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR ANY FORM OF RED CLOTHING OR RED BASEBALL CAPS. The color “red” is only to be worn by the department Firearms Instructors or their designee(s).
Prior to enrollment in the Humble Police Department's training program that provides instruction in defensive tactics, arrest procedures, firearms, or use of a motor vehicle for law enforcement purposes, the person must have on file with the Humble Police Department the following information:
Written documentation that the person is currently licensed by the commission (TCOLE) or documentation that the person:
- Is not currently charged with any criminal offense for which conviction would bar licensing.
- Has never been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order.
- Has never been convicted of an offense above the grade of a class B misdemeanor within the last five years.
- Has never been convicted of any family violence offense.
- Has never been convicted of any crime of moral turpitude.
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.
- Must be a legal United States citizen.